Did you know we are one presidential election and one Supreme Court Justice Appointment away from overturning Roe Vs. Wade? “Want to know what the Affordable Care Act really contains? Come learn about these and other “Issues Women Care About” on Saturday, October 20, from noon to 4 pm at the Monmouth County Library. The library is located at 125 Symmes Road
in Manalapan. The forum is co-sponsored by the Monmouth County Women for Obama, and the Western Monmouth County Democratic Women. Everyone is welcome, admission is free and light refreshments will be served. At the conclusion of the event, participants can join a flash mob dance for Obama’s re-election, location to be announced.
The panel will feature the following professionals:
- Dr. Stephen Rice, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H., FAAP, FACSM, speaking on The Affordable Care Act
- Michele Jaker, Former Executive Director, Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey, speaking on, “Women’s Health”
- Patricia Bennett, Esq., P.C., Attorney at Law, speaking on “Issues for Senior Women”
- Ann Baker, Democratic Municipal Chairwoman, Roosevelt Borough, speaking on “Reproductive Justice”
- Patricia Teffenhart-Maikos, Assistant Executive Director, Women Aware, speaking on, “Domestic Violence”
The Monmouth County Women for Obama’s organization’s value statement reads “We want a country in which it’s possible to live these values: Security
& Safety, Health, Fairness and Freedom. We are all connected and everyone
deserves a fair chance. Ensuring the common good helps everyone to thrive and
makes for a stronger America!” For more information, contact the
chapter chairperson Marilyn Michaels at email@example.com.