1. The National Weather Service says that this weekend should have its moments of feeling like spring. While the temperature will likely not climb above 50 on Friday, the mercury will begin to climb starting on Saturday. The slightly warmer temperatures on Tuesday will also bring an afternoon rain storm that is expected to stretch until Sunday morning.
But by the time the storm clears, the sun will come out and temperatures are expected to be well into the 60s if you're looking to go outside.
2. One of the highlights of any weekend in the spring is the Howell High School athletic department. The Rebels baseball and softball teams will be taking on Manalapan at home today. Meanwhile the boys lacrosse team will travel to Dorbrook Park in Colts Neck to take on the Caseys of Red Bank Catholic in a pivotal matchup.
On Saturday the girls lacrosse team is scheduled to take on Colts Neck at home, while the baseball team will take on the Purple Roses of St. Rose.
3. The Howell Township Public Library will also be holding an event on Saturday. The library will welcome Jersey Transit to perform starting at 2 p.m. The performers are an a capella group, inspired by Manhattan Transfer and will do songs in various genres from jazz, to reggae, to pop, to gospel.
4. It might technically be just outside of Howell's borders, but Allaire State Park is scheduled to have a special event on Saturday night. From 7:30 to 9 p.m. guests can go to the Allaire Village Chapel for a tribute to Sherlock Holmes.
5. And finally if you are doing some spring cleaning and have clothes or shoes that you know you no longer wear, Congregation Ahavat Olam has just the activity for you. The temple is holding a clothing and shoe drive from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Sunday.
Any clothing and shoes that are being donated should be tied in plastic bags. Collected items include gently worn men's, women's and children's clothing and footwear. The congregation is aiming to collect 1,000 bags worth of items.