1. After a drenching Wednesday, Thursday in Howell looks to be much better as far as the weather goes. The National Weather Service predicts a high temperature of 66 with winds blowing between 17 and 21 miles per hour. The low temperature tonight is expected to be around 45 degrees. Wednesday's rain also looks to be the last precipitation in the area for several days.
2. The Howell Planning Board is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 p.m. at town hall. There are several items on the agenda including continuing discussions on the town's master plan. There is also an application by a company looking to create a subdivision of 24 lots on Ramtown-Greenville and Lakewood-Allenwood Roads.
3. The Howell library will hold another in the series of Thursday Afternoons at the Movies. This week's film is 2011's Jane Eyre. The movies stars Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender and Jamie Bell.
4. It is a busy day for the Howell Rebels. The field hockey team will travel to take on rival Freehold Township while the girls soccer team will travel to Brick Memorial. The volleyball team will travel to Holmdel while the tennis team will take on Long Branch. The gymnastics team will also be in action as they travel to take on Ocean Township.
5. The Howell senior center also looks to be busy today. In addition to a Meet & Treat Thursday which is scheduled to run all day, they will also continue their Coupon 4 Troops Project at 11 a.m. and a tangled thread and crochet class at 1 p.m.