.

Small Fire at St. Veronica's Rectory Handled by Southard Department

Oil Heater fan malfunction blamed for fire

On Sunday afternoon the Southard Fire Company was dispatched to a smoke condition at the Rectory of for a possible fire. While there was nothing visible from the outside there was a smell of smoke on the inside of the building.

While responding firefighters used thermal image cameras to check the building, the fire had been controlled by a resident of the rectory using a fire extinguisher. Chief Steve Hadgkiss said the fire occurred between the first and second floors. 

The chief said the cause of the fire appeared to be a malfunction of the electric fan of the oil heater. That caused sparks which caused the fire following the cracks of the second floor.

There were no injuries reported as a result of the fire which is currently under investigation by the Howell Township Fire Bureau.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »