Thanks to the work of some local firefighters a Howell family’s pet was saved from a fire on their Alexander Avenue while none of the residents were home.
The fire was reported at just after 5:30 on Thursday night and was fully involved when first responders arrived at the scene. Detective Sgt. Eileen Dodd of the Howell Police Department said nobody was home at the time of the fire and that a dog was rescued from the blaze.
Several local departments responded to the scene including the Howell Police Department and the Southard, Adelphia, Ramtown and Freewood Acres Fire Departments from Howell. Mutual aid was also provided by the Lakewood Fire Department and Jackson Station 55. The Howell First Aid Squad and Howell Police EMS Unit were also called.
Dodd said the Howell Fire Bureau is conducting the investigation.