.
News Alert
PHOTOS: Large Brush Fire Raging In Berkeley,…

Homemade Firework Injures Howell Resident

One person injured in explosion.

A Howell resident was taken to the hospital on Wednesday night after an accident involving a homemade explosive.

Sgt. Thomas Weg of the Howell Police Department said 18-year-old James Nanson was transported to Jersey Shore University Medical Center around 5 p.m. on Wednesday when the “firework/explosive” went off. Nanson suffered a “significant hand injury,” as a result of the blast as well as a “superficial injury to his abdomen area.”

Weg said there were two other people at the home at the time but were not injured. The Howell Township Police EMS Unit responded to the scene as did MONOC medics.

jersey girl January 15, 2014 at 05:34 AM
I feel bad the kid hurt his hand but it is a stupid thing to do. i live in howell and i am sick and tired of these fireworks going off at night when i am walking the horses in and they spook on me. i could be hurt alot more then this kid. i am all for fun but i hope they stop now. its really dangerous and annoying. i hope the kid is feeling better soon though.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something