Improperly Discarded Smoking Materials Likely to Blame in Fire

Fire started around 1:45 a.m. on Smith Drive.

Improperly discarded smoking materials are the likely culprits in an early morning Sunday fire on Smith Drive, according to Point Pleasant Fire Chief Dan Mulligan.

Police and fire crews responded to the home around 1:45 a.m., and the fire took about 20 minutes to put out, Mulligan said. The fire began in a second-floor bedroom, and the blaze left the home uninhabitable, he said. 

Police escorted the homeowners from the house, and no one was injured. One of the residents lost medications in the fire, and was brought to an area hospital to refilll their prescriptions, Mulligan said.

The fire department was assisted by Point Pleasant Police, the Point Boro First Aid Squad, and the Herbertsville Fire Company as the Fast Team. The Ocean County Fire Marshal’s office is investigating.

KingNeptune December 02, 2012 at 08:49 PM
Smoking claims another families home. Hope those coffin nails were worth it.
Bill Cooper December 28, 2012 at 01:12 AM
You're kind of an idiot.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »