Attorneys for "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" stars filed a request last week to have the couple tried separately so Joe Giudice could "exonerate" his wife without testifying at his own trial.
However, the U.S. Attorney's Office strongly opposes the request, citing identical charges, Joe Giudice's history of false testimony and "judicial economy," according to NJ.com.
"Such difficulty does not infringe upon a fundamental right, and it manifestly does not require the Court to hold two separate trials on identical offenses for the sake of preserving marital harmony," a portion of the objection reads, according to the article.
The trial is scheduled to start in April, after taping of the Bravo reality show's fifth season has been completed.
The Towaco residents pleaded not guilty in November to two new fraud charges regarding bank and loan application fraud. This brings their total of indictments up to 41 counts.
Joe Giudice also has other trials in 2014 for charges related to fraudulently obtaining a state driver’s license from the Paterson branch of the Motor Vehicle Office in June 2010 using his brother’s ID.
Related Patch Posts:
- 'Housewives' Joe Giudice: My Wife Wasn't Involved in Alleged Fraud
- Joe Giudice Faces Two Possible Trials in 2014
- ‘Real Housewives’ Star Joe Giudice, Driving Maserati, Pulled Over Again
- 'Housewives' Giudices Plead Not Guilty for New Fraud Charges
- 'Housewives' Joe Giudice's Court Date Delayed ... Again
- 'Housewives' Joe Giudice Cited for Careless Driving in School Zone
- 'Real Housewives' Giudices are 'Going Down,' Nancy Grace Predicts
- New Court Date Set for 'Housewives' Joe Guidice For Forgery Charges
- New Forgery Trial Date for Real Housewives' Joe Giudice To be Set Monday
- Joe Giudice Court Date Set for End of Month
- Housewives' Teresa and Joe Giudice Speak Out on Indictments on Bravo
- 'Real Housewives' Star's Trial Date Postponed
- 'Real Housewives' Stars Plead Not Guilty to Fraud
- Giudice May Have Forged 'Real Housewives' Star's Signature
- 'Housewives' Cast Members Could Testify in Giudice Fraud Case
- 'Real Housewives' Husband Faces Deportation if Convicted of Fraud
- 'Real Housewives' Teresa, Joe Giudice Indicted on Fraud Charges
'Real Housewives' Husband Gets New Trial Date
- 'Real Housewives' Giudice's Trial Delayed Again
- Trial Date Set for 'Real Housewives' Joe Giudice
- 'Real Housewives' Joe Giudice Headed to Trial
- Teresa Giudice Could Testify in Husband's Fraud Trial
- 'Housewives' Husband Giudice Rejects Plea Deal
- Joe Giudice Indicted on Charge of Using Brother's ID
- Joe Giudice Charged With Possessing Fraudulent ID