No injuries were reported in a house fire on Pine Cone Lane in the Ramtown section of town Sunday morning.
The Ramtown Fire Department responded to the fire just before 7 a.m. Upon arrival all residents, including Kevin Lotosky, 54, and a group of juveniles, had gotten out of the house without injury, according to Howell Township Police Officer John Barroqueiro Jr.
The fire, which was located on the second floor of a two-story residential house, was extinguished in a relatively short period of time, according to Barroqueiro.
The preliminary cause was the homeowner improperly installed a ventless gas fireplace, Barroqueiro said. The fire is still under investigation by the Howell Township Fire Bureau.