When the Mayor and Council hold their reorganization meeting January there will be several seats open on various boards, commissions and committees as well as other appointments being made.
Volunteers are sought for the following boards, Commissions and Committees:
- Community Alliance which meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 12:30 p.m.
- Environmental Commission which meets on the second and fourth Friday at 7:15 p.m.
- The Farmers Advisory Committee which meets the fourth Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
- Lake Restoration and Wildlife Committee which meets the third Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Mobile Home Rent Stabilization and Control Board which meets the second Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.
- Open Space Preservation Task Force which meets the second Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.
- Planning Board which meets the first and third Thursday at 7 p.m.
- Senior Citizen Advisory Committee which meets the second Wednesday of the month at 1 p.m.
- Shade Tree Commission which meets the third Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.
- Zoning Board of Adjustment meets the second and fourth Monday at 8 p.m.
Applicants are also being sought to serve as representatives on the Metedeconk Watershed Protection Alliance and the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders as well as liaisons to the Howell Public School and Freehold Regional High School boards of education.
Anyone interested is encouraged to send their applications to Township Clerk Penny Wollman at P.O. Box 580 Howell, NJ 07731. Applications can also be emailed to Wollman or faxed to 732-414-3232.
More information on the volunteer opportunities can be found on the township's website or at the new Municipal Building. People with questions can also call 732-938-4500 ext. 2150 or 2151.